Department of Management Science and Technology
The Department of Management Science and Technology was founded in May 1999 and the first students enrolled in the academic year 2000-2001. Some of the key differentiation points of the Department are the following:
- It is unique in its specialization in Greece, combining modern management science with computer and communication technologies and organizational studies.
- 170 new students are enrolled each year, all highly ranked at the university entrance exams.
- It has 22 faculty members, of which 40% hold a PhD from the top 20 universities in the world. The scientific staff has a strong presence in academia worldwide, having achieved international recognition, and having taught at leading universities such as Wharton, LSE, LBS, etc.
- The curriculum is based on a well-organized, technocratic approach. It is internationally oriented (various visiting professors coming to teach every year, collaborations with leading universities are active within its undergraduate, postgraduate and research program).
- It focuses on research and development, with more than 25 international research collaboration projects with leading universities and research centers around the world and over 70 doctoral students.
- It boasts 6 excellently equipped research laboratories where 60 researchers are currently employed. It also operates 4 laboratories.
- It runs, independently and in collaboration with other Departments, six high-level graduate programs with 250 students annually enrolled. Two of them are full–time and three part-time, i.e., executive programs for working professionals.
- Both the ease with which its alumni pursue postgraduate studies at top-notch universities around the world and the number of papers published by its researchers in peer-reviewed journals attest to the advanced level of studies offered; several PhD holders of this Department already teach at universities in Greece and abroad.